Monday, April 8, 2013

Continue Your Professional Learning

This past weekend our district hosted the 2nd Annual DPS Technology Conference at Hope Academy. The 5 geek gals had been working furiously to host the conference and I think all of our hard work paid off. Thank you so much to all of the volunteers, vendors, presenters, and attendees for making this conference as great as it was.
When I reflect on this weekend's conference I can't help but think about how important continuing our education is. As educators we should be constantly learning about the best research based approaches and ways to engage students. The use of technology in the classroom is a great way to accomplish this. As I was sifting though my twitter this evening a read that teachers as a whole stop their learning after college graduation more often than any other profession. That is disheartening. I know that I feel the most inspired after a conference or reading blogs. Continuing our learning at conferences like ours this weekend is so important. Kudos to all you educators who have a commitment to your professional learning. Reading blogs, attending conference, or even just talking with others in the faculty room can really help to light the fire and further your professional development.

No comments:

Post a Comment